The Butterfly Habitat
The Butterfly Habitat provides a summer and winter house for butterflies
In summer use the habitat as a butterfly feeder with the nectar feeding tray folded down to allow butterfly food and sweet ripe fruit to be served to your butterflies. In winter the tray can be folded up to make a cosy over-wintering home for non-migratory butterflies. The Butterfly comes with an slotted wooden cartridge inside to provide safe spaces for over-wintering.
The instructions for use of the Butterfly Habitat are included on the inside of the product decorative wrap.
- Site the butterfly habitat in a sunny sheltered position, out of prevailing winds. Feeding
- The nectar pots should be regularly filled with Wildliife World Butterfly Food with added vitimins or a sugar water solution. Feeding is especially effective in early Spring and late Summer when natural nectar is scarce
- Regularly wash the nectar pots and replace the butterfly food to prevent build up of bacteria to which the butterflies may be susceptible
- Place over ripe fruit in the central plastic bowl, the sweeter the better
- The butterfly house is made from slow-seasoned timber which is naturally durable so does not require additional treatments. The blue water-based painted finish is for decorative purposes and may be topped up periodically to maintain its appearance.
- You should see butterflies, hoverflies, bees and wasps drinking from the feeding cups. The over wintering chamber provides shelter for many beneficial garden insects such as lacewings, butterflies or ladybirds.
|DIMENSIONS||18 × 24 × 24.5 cm|